Sunday, November 1, 2009

Messed up System


So I recently watched Law Abiding Citizen and there was one scene in particular that stuck in my memory throughout the course of the movie. The movie is about this man whose family was murdered in front of his own eyes, and over many years, he begins to take revenge on each and every person and organization that allowed the murder to get away. So eventually they found out that he was the one who murdered the man who murdered his family and he is sent to jail. He basically works the system so that the courts give him whatever he wants and as he is in his jail cell he secretly kills everyone. The one scene that was so big to me was when they were in the court room and Jamie Foxx was trying to put him into jail. The man, being very precise, finds his way out of going to jail and he stops the judge and basically calls her stupid for ultimately allowing him to leave just because he worded his phrases right even though he was the one who committed the crime.
This scene made me realize that the government is a messed up system. There is also this documentary on this woman whose daughter was denied help and health care. They made the family move to so many hospitals and finally they only operated on the child for 30 minutes before she died. It's so sad that someone would deny someone help when it's there job to provide it.
I don't know about you, but I don't understand why the government has to be so..."mean". I mean i understand that they must be strict because there are some tricky people, but the government can be pretty stupid at times. Even though I understand that people have to do what they have to do although it's wrong, who is to say they have to? I guess if they don't, they lose their jobs. It's just a big circle... a circle of good and bad.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about going to see this movie, but everyone I asked were unclear about what it was about. Thx for the blog about it. It's definitely on my things to do.

    ReplyDelete