Saturday, November 14, 2009

The corruption!?!??!?

Growing up as a Seventh-day Adventist has made things a lot easier, yet harder at the same time. Understanding the principles and doctrines of the Seventh-day Adventist church, I never questioned anything I learned in Bible class. Ever since this class has begun, I have been thinking about some of their teachings. For example, if we are eventually going to heaven, then why should we go to school or work? I mean I know in the meantime, we should do something with our lives but why should we use all our money to pay for schooling or a big house? If we are all supposed to be God’s missionaries why doesn’t the church influence us to give up certain luxuries so we can give to the poor? I’m from Maryland and there is a church back home that is kind of like Loma Linda University or La Sierra University church. This church is a perfect example of a corrupt SDA system. It spent most of its money to renovate an already perfect building. It’s a beautiful church, but why? Why must they use all that money towards the church instead of their affiliated schools, which is not just a university but also a high school and elementary school? Not only do they work on the interior of the church but also during the service there are about a billion advertisements about the church alone (okay I’m exaggerating but it sure feels like a billion). I just do not understand it. I mean if we, as humans, are trying to pretend then that’s one story, but a church is supposed to be a gateway to getting closer to God- it is not supposed to be a reflection of our sins. I’m not saying that the church’s appearance should look a mess but the money should be used towards more necessary things. Also, we should allow everyone and anyone to come and worship. That church does not even allow homeless people to sit in the front row sometimes (depending on the preacher, the senior pastor allows it). I just do not understand our purpose here on earth. If we are SDA’s, and we believe that we are the true religion, should we not act that way? It’s all just too much to question. But I will ask Jesus when He returns J

No comments:

Post a Comment